- Must be a licensed physician and authorized to practice medicine in the state of Florida
- Must live within a 1.5 hour radius of St. Petersburg–Clearwater International Airport
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in their respective discipline
- Must be capable of attending and participating in recurrent educational programs.
- Must demonstrate proficiency, knowledge and expertise in the care and transportation of critically ill patients within the scope of practice of a physician
- Must be in a position to perform the duties of the Flight Physician such as on call availability for medical consultation and available to perform flights as needed and fulfills administrative and quality assurance duties
- Must be capable of performing the physical activities required to perform an aeromedical transport
- Must attend an Aviation Physiology course that meets the DOT Standards followed by recurrent attendance every three (3) years
- Must maintain current certification as:
a) International Basic Trauma Life Support Provider
b) Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
c) Advanced Trauma Life Support Provider (desirable but optional)
d) Advanced Pediatric Life Support Provider
- Pediatric Flight Physicians(s) are required to maintain current certification as
a) Advanced Pediatric Life Support
b) Advanced Trauma Life Support (desirable but optional)
- Neonatal Flight Physician(s) are required to maintain current certification as:
a) Advanced Neonatal Life Support
- Active team player; concerned with the cohesiveness in group and intimate environments
- Ability to multi-task under active environments
- Problem solver; combining judgment and experience to create sound solutions.
TO APPLY: If you meet the above criteria, please download the PDF Application For Employment, fill out, save with your name as the file name and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your cover letter, resume and contact information.