AAW Critical Care Flight Paramedic JDPA
Critical Care Flight Paramedic Job Description (includes but not limited to):
- Flight Paramedics must have the ability to establish positive interpersonal and professional relationships.
- Responsible for providing direct patient care in accordance with the Paramedic scope of practice as defined by the Florida Department of Health Or Pennsylvania Department of Health and as guided by medical oversight established by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Operates extensive medical and mechanical equipment in the pre-hospital and transport environment. Ensures all medical equipment is functioning; restocks medical supplies as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with patient care as requested to include loading and unloading, operation of commonly used equipment and providing family members support and direction as needed.
Critical Care Flight Paramedic Requirements:
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted Paramedic license and be authorized to practice in the state of Florida or Pennsylvania respectively
- Must live within a 1 hour radius of the airport. If you are a Florida applicant, then St. Petersburg–Clearwater International Airport. If you are a Pennsylvania applicant, then Washington County Airport.
- Must have at least three (3) years in a busy 911 system, possess critical care experience, and/or Lead Paramedic.
- Must be willing to provide 5 shifts per month of availability
- Must be able to demonstrate competency and proficiency in performing patient care.
- Must be capable of attending and participating in recurrent educational programs for the medical staff as required by the In-service Policy and Procedure
- Must possess a valid passport and drivers license.
- Must attend an Aviation Physiology course that meets the DOT Standards
AHA approved BLS, ACLS, PALS
Preferred : advanced certification such as FP-C. ITLS or PHTLS, Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree
If you meet the above criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org along with your cover letter, resume and contact information.