Critical Care Flight Nurse:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; ASN or BSN and licensed in the state of Florida or Pennsylvania
- Must live within a 1 hour radius of the airport. If you are a Florida applicant, then St. Petersburg–Clearwater International Airport. If you are a Pennsylvania applicant, then Washington County Airport.
- Must have at least five (5) years of critical care experience and/or Emergency Medicine ER experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency and proficiency in performing patent assessments
- Must be capable of attending and participating in recurrent educational programs for the medical staff as required by the In-service Policy and Procedure
- Must demonstrate proficiency, knowledge and expertise in the care and transportation of critically ill patients
- Must be capable of performing the duties of a Flight Nurse such as on-call availability as required in On-Call Policy and Procedure and fulfill administrative duties of a Flight Nurse
- Must be capable of performing the physical activities required to perform a aeromedical transport
- Must attend an Aviation Physiology course that meets the DOT Standards
- Must maintain current certification as:
a) AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support
b) AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Active team player; concerned with the cohesiveness in group and intimate environments
- Ability to multi-task under active environments
- Problem solver; combining judgment and experience to create sound solutions
- Must possess excellent bedside manner
- Must possess a current and valid passport
- EMT/Paramedic certificate
- 1 year previous flight experience
- CCRN, TNCC, CFN, CCEMT-P, or other advanced certification
TO APPLY: If you meet the above criteria, please download the PDF Application For Employment, fill out, save with your name as the file name and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your cover letter, resume and contact information.